High Power Pure Class A Monoblocks
The JA120, one of Jadis Sarl’s newer models, benefits from several important developments and raises the bar for no-compromise audio performance at the mid-price level. The JA120 builds on Jadis’ tradition of combining fine hand craftsmanship with state-of-the-art innovation and design to create a uniquely capable amplifier. Sold as a matching monoblock pair, each autobias amplifier is a push-pull design which effortlessly outputs 100 watts of pure class A power.
The JA120 uses powerful, graded and matched KT120 output tubes and an additional front end tube which adds more gain to its driver circuit. This means the JA120 doesn’t overdrive its tubes enabling the six output tubes to comfortably deliver 100 watts of musical power. Such an optimized design offers the perfect blend of the big, bold, dynamic power of Jadis’ world renowned JA200 with the immediacy and delicacy of their lower power JA30.
Of course, the JA120 features Jadis’ custom in-house, hand-wound C-Core output transformers which have been continuously refined and substantially improved since 2009. The output transformers, guaranteed for life, will accommodate speakers with impedance from 1 to 16 ohms. Each amplifier measures 28″ x 12″ x 10″ and weighs 99 lbs. Tube complement for each amp is: 6 x KT120, 2 x 12AU7, 1 x 12AX7.
Click image below for large picture.
You'll find no better or more tractable tool than the JA120. Big, heavy and pricey it may be, but it has power to spare and musical authority to burn. The trick is to deliver that, but to master subtlety and delicacy too - and that's where the 120s really score.
Roy Gregory, HiFi+, November 2012
- Point-to-point pure copper wiring in all critical paths for a more open bigger sound
- 100 watt Class A output stage for effortless power and smoothness of sound
- Jadis C-Core output transformers, guaranteed for life, to produce hallmark Jadis sound
- Audio circuit protection is enhanced by new easy to change fuses.
- Non-magnetic stainless-steel chassis for strength of construction and sound
- Low global negative feedback design delivers more vivid sound with greater clarity
- Push-pull design for higher power and lower distortion
- Auto bias and new auto circuit protection for ease of use and long term maintenance